Sending and receiving money is fast thanks to Zelle®.
- Access Zelle® through your online banking and mobile banking app.
- Send payment requests without sharing sensitive account info.
- Access funds within minutes of receipt.
How it works:
- Access Zelle® by signing into your account through American Bank & Trust’s online banking site or the ABTBG mobile banking app.
- Enroll with Zelle® using a U.S. mobile number or email address.
- Let your friends and family know you accept payments with Zelle®—they can send payments to you by entering your enrolled email or U.S. mobile number.
- Customers can send payments directly to your eligible American Bank & Trust accounts.
- You can send money to eligible individuals whose financial institution offers Zelle®—find them by entering their U.S. mobile number or email address.
- Payments typically arrive within minutes1
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Zelle®
Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes1. With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you know and trust, regardless of where they bank in the U.S. Ask your recipient to enroll with Zelle® before you send them money – this will help them get your payment more quickly.
You can send money to friends, family and people you know2. We recommend you ask people to enroll with Zelle® before you send them money – this will help them get your payment more quickly.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes1, it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number. Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family or others you trust.
How do I use Zelle®?
You can send, request, or receive money with Zelle®. To get started, log into American Bank & Trust’s Online Banking or ABTBG mobile banking app and select Send Money with Zelle®. Enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, receive a one-time verification code, enter it, review & accept terms and conditions, and you’re finished.
To send money using Zelle®, add a trusted recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number, add the amount you’d like to send and an optional memo, review, then hit “Send.” In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes1.
To request money using Zelle®, choose “Request,” select the individual(s) from whom you’d like to request money, enter the amount you’d like to request, include an optional note, review and hit “Request”.**
To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle®.
Someone sent me money with Zelle®, how do I receive it?
If you have already enrolled with Zelle®, you do not need to take any further action. The money will move directly into your bank account, typically within minutes 1. If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle®, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select American Bank & Trust
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification – you should enroll with Zelle® using that email address or U.S. mobile number to ensure you receive your money.
Are there any fees to send money using Zelle®?
American Bank & Trust does not charge fees for using Zelle®
How does Zelle® work?
When you enroll with Zelle® through the American Bank & Trust’s Online Banking or ABTBG mobile banking app, your name, the name of your bank and the email address or U.S. mobile number you enrolled is shared with Zelle® (no sensitive account details are shared – those stay with American Bank & Trust). When someone sends money to your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile number, Zelle® looks up the email address or mobile number in its “directory” and notifies American Bank & Trust of the incoming payment. American Bank & Trust then directs the payment into your bank account, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
Can I cancel a payment?
You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to hasn’t yet enrolled in Zelle®. To cancel, go to your activity page, choose the payment you want to cancel and then select Cancel.
If you send money to a person that is already enrolled with Zelle® through their financial institution, the money is deposited directly to their account and can’t be canceled. If you sent money to the wrong person, we recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back.
How long does it take to receive money with Zelle®?
Money sent with Zelle® is typically available to an enrolled person within minutes1. Ask your friends and family to enroll with Zelle® before you send them money – this will help them get your payment more quickly.
If you send money to someone who isn’t enrolled with Zelle®, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will move directly into your recipient’s account. Once their first payment completes, your recipient will be able to receive future payments faster, typically within minutes.
Is my information secure?
Keeping your money and information safe is a top priority for American Bank & Trust. When you use Zelle® within our Online and Mobile Banking, your information is protected with the same technology we use to keep your bank account safe.
1 Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle®. 2 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®
Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.